23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani,(Camac Street)
(Camac Street), Ground Floor
Kolkata - 700017,
West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 33 2255 3700 - 705
Fax: +91 33 2255 3737
Vidyasagar Industrial Park at Kharagpur, West Medinipur
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC), the nodal agency of the State Government, responsible for promoting industrialization in the State, is setting up an Industrial Park over approximately 1166.64 acres of land near Kharagpur. Kharagpur, an industrial town, which is located in the West Midnapore district of West Bengal, is all set to become one of the premier industrial hubs in the country.
Details of the Industrial Park
- The Industrial Park is spread over approx. 1166.64 acres of land, the ownership of which rests with WBIDC.
- The Park is situated in the north – east end of Kharagpur in West Midnapore district of West Bengal.
- The project site is bound by NH 6 connecting Mumbai, Kolkata in the North, NH 60 towards Balasore in the East and Orissa Trunk Road leading to the core city of Kharagpur. Kharagpur is an important railway junction, which is bound by the Kharagpur - Howrah line of South Eastern Railway.
- The nearest port, Haldia, is at a distance of nearly 60 km and is well connected by rail and roads.
- The park is being developed mainly for industrial manufacturing units, including their vendor parks etc.
- M/s. Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery Company Limited (Formerly known as M/s. Telcon) has set up their unit in the park on 250 acres of land. They have achieved their commercial production.
- A substantial amount of land is still available in the industrial park for prospective investors.
- A substantial area has also been earmarked for housing facilities for the employees of the companies interested in providing the same.
- All prospective investors are entitled to incentives available as per West Bengal Incentive Scheme.
- Kharagpur is an industrial town and divisional head quarter for South Eastern Railways.
- It is about 120 km from Kolkata on NH 6 and well connected by roads and railways.
- The town has Diesel and EMU workshops which have created opportunities for a large number of medium and large scale units, which have, in turn, given rise to a considerable number of ancillary units. The strategic location of the town has also helped in the establishment of consumer goods, plastic, chemical and engineering industries like Tata Metaliks, Flender McNeil and others.
- Kharagpur has developed itself into a cosmopolitan township and is adjacent to Midnapore, the district headquarter. Being quite prominent towns in the district, the area is well serviced by police stations, post offices and branches of nearly all nationalized and private banks. The town also has a fair number of good quality regular as well as vocational schools. Kharagpur and Midnapore towns also offer proper residential facilities.
- The prestigious “Indian Institute of Technology” is also located in the town.
- The geo physical conditions of Kharagpur also make it a very viable option for the setting up of a park of this stature.
Infrastructural Support at the Industrial Park
- WBIDC is responsible for developing the requisite infrastructure for the park.
- Roads: All the plots within the Park are connected through arterial road of 20m and 17m width. The construction of road is complete.
- Drainage System: RCC Box drain has already been constructed on both sides of the road along with RCC Culverts.
- Power: West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) has already started setting up of dedicated power sub-stations (220/132 KV Substation and 33/11 KV Substation) for uninterrupted power supply for the industrial units. Power tariff will be as per the existing tariff plans.
- Water: Total water demand for the park is estimated as 2 MGD Water which will be drawn from nearby Kangsawati River. WBIDC has requested PHE department to implement the water supply project within the park. The DPR preparation is almost complete. Ground water can be used with the approval of appropriate authority till surface water is made available.
- Street Lighting: The park area has already been serviced by street lighting.
- Social Infra Works: All the Social Infrastructural facilities like Common Facility Building comprising of space for bank, canteen, office, conference room, guest house etc. along with truck parking facility, Architectural gates at 3 entry points & Fire station is under development.
- Telecommunication & Security Surveillance System: The work of Telecommunication & Security Surveillance System based on optical fiber cable backbone is under progress.
Other General Information of the Project Area
|1.||Location Details||Located in Kharagpur in West Midnapore district of West Bengal. The project site is 5 km from Kharagpur Station and is 120 km from Kolkata|
|2.||Latitude and Longitude of the Park||Approximately 22°22’ (N) Latitude and 87°20’ (E) Longitude.|
|3.||Maximum Ground Coverage allowed||Ground coverage is usually governed by the concerned civic authorities, in the instant case the concerned Panchayat Samity. However, the maximum permissible ground coverage in the case of the industrial building is 40% as per building bylaws.|
|4.||Any shed height restriction||As stipulated by the Kalaikunda Air Base authority, Ministry of Defense depending upon the location of the plot and distance from the Air Base.|
i) Velocity of wind
ii) Annual rainfall
iii) Average humidity
10 to 25 km/hr
About 1800 mm
70% to 90%
|6.||Land filling and Boundary wall.||Responsibility is on the respective plot holder.|
|7.||Approach road width and capacity.||All the plots within the Park are connected through a 20 m wide main arterial road and 17 m wide internal road.
The road has adequate capacity to carry the load of industrial vehicles.
|8.||Voice & data Network connectivity.||WBIDC is not providing this facility. However, it was learnt that local network connectivity is available in that area. Also all major players of this sector have presence in Kharagpur.|
|9.||Soil Type||Soil type is Clayey Silt in nature.|
|10.||Contamination, if any||No such contamination as per our knowledge.|
Master Plan of Vidyasagar Industrial Park at Kharagpur
Present Status of land within Vidyasagar Industrial Park
- The total allocable area within the park is approximately 1086.78 acres.
- Out of that, 250 acres of land has been allotted to the anchor unit of the park, M/s. Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery Company Private Limited (Formerly known as M/s. Telcon).
- The remaining area is divided into 11 sectors namely Sector A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K.
- The sectors are divided into small plots.
- List of major units already allotted land are the following:
- M/s. Bhuvee Stenovate Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. United Engitech Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Rabirun Vinimay (P) Ltd.
- M/s. Imperial Auto Industries Ltd.
- M/s. Apex Auto Limited
- M/s. TIL Limited
- M/s. Godrej Agrovet Limited
- M/s. Nutricraft India Private Limited
- M/s. Megatherm Induction Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Toro Processor Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Acropoly Ninomiya Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. BASF India Limited
- M/s. Ganapati Flour & Food Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. CPF (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
- Prasad Seeds Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Gaurav Industries
- Nippai Shalimar Feeds Pvt. Ltd.
Basic Terms & Conditions for Land Allotment
- Land will be leased out to the prospective investors by WBIDC for a period of 99 years.
- The availability of land and present price of land including infrastructural cost is mentioned in the home page of WBIDC website (Link: Availability of Land / Module).
- The prospective investor is to make down payment of the land cost.
- The offer letter will include rate schedule and terms and conditions.
- The company shall be entitled to create lien, charge, mortgage or encumbrance over the Constructions together-with the lease hold rights in the Land in favour of any financial institution or scheduled commercial bank, Non Banking Financial Companies, Government Institutions, L.I.C, Security Trustees, Debenture Trustees as security for raising funds required for the purpose of setting up and development of the Project on the Land with due approval from the competent authority.
- For other details of terms and conditions, the interested investors may contact WBIDC.
- The interested investors are to submit Declaration of Intent (DOI) along with requisite documents to "The Managing Director, West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Limited, 23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani, Kolkata - 700017".
Application for Land Allotment
Interested Investors may Contact
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (WBIDC)