23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani,(Camac Street)
(Camac Street), Ground Floor
Kolkata - 700017,
West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 33 2255 3700 - 705
Fax: +91 33 2255 3737
Food Park - lll at Sankrail, Howrah
West Bengal having achieved significant growth in agriculture over the past decades, offers the right environment for agro-based industry. The state is now among the country’s top-two producers in a wide variety of agricultural and horticultural produce and has attained self-sufficiency in most key crops. This self-sufficiency has resulted in reasonable amount of marketable surplus for most of the key crops, which is driving the state to invest in the areas of food processing. Recognizing the vast potential for food processing industries coupled with success of Food Park – I (Sudha Ras) and Food Park-II developed by WBIDC at Sankrail, Howrah, Government of West Bengal through WBIDC has conceived to set up Food Park – III adjoining to existing Food Park at Sankrail, Howrah, West Bengal.
According to FAIDA report of McKinsey, West Bengal is one of the three leading states in India in the food and agro-processing sector. Key advantages are:
- Vast agro raw material resources.
- Six agro-climate zones in the state.
- Abundant supply of water.
- Fertile alluvial soil.
- Low cost skilled labour.
- Large domestic market and easy access to markets of Asia Pacific region.
An Ideal Location
Sankrail is an important industrial area in Howrah district. Food Park-III is
- Ideally located at a motorable distance of 28 km from Kolkata on the 4 lane NH6, whose 6 laning is in progress.
- Adjoining to present Food Park, Phase-I (Sudha Ras) and Food Park, Phase-II (Kandua Food Park) and Poly Park of WBIDC at Sankrail, Howrah.
- Nearest Port – Kolkata Dock Complex (36 km) and also quite close to the port town of Haldia.
- Nearest Airport - Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata (45 km)
- Nearest Railway Station – Sankrail on the South Eastern Railway Trunk (5 km)
- Proposed to be set up on an effective area of about 34.12 acres of land.
- Fully integrated Industrial Park with all the basic facilities necessary for manufacturers, exporters and entrepreneurs dealing in the Agro / Food and related industries.
- Consists of 13 plots of land which are fully allotted of sizes varying from 0.50 acres to 16.15 acres, which are to be leased out for food processing units.
Following basic infrastructure facilities are under development:
- Road - Wide road of 18 meters with clear carriageway of 12 meters.
- Water - Overhead Water Reservoir of 5 lacs litres with deep tube well and submersible pump along with pump room with Iron Removal Water Treatment Plants.
- Power - 33/132 KVA electrical substation of WBSEDCL at the south east corner.
a. Storm water drainage system.
b. Truck parking along with toilet facility.
Interested Investors may Contact
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (WBIDC)