23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani,(Camac Street)
(Camac Street), Ground Floor
Kolkata - 700017,
West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 33 2255 3700 - 705
Fax: +91 33 2255 3737
Kandua Food Park at Sankrail, Howrah
The Kandua Food Park has been developed by WBIDC to cater to the needs of manufacturers and producers of food and agro products. The Park, built on an industrial cluster concept, is an attempt to bring different agro processing units and their support facilities to a specific location where all users can benefit from shared infrastructure. The park has 25 plots which are fully allotted with all facilities. The plots vary in size from 0.5 acres to 4.45 acres.
According to FAIDA report of McKinsey, West Bengal is one of the three leading states in India in the food and agro-processing sector. Key advantages are:
- Vast agro raw material resources.
- Six agro-climate zones in the state.
- Abundant supply of water.
- Fertile alluvial soil.
- Low cost skilled labour.
- Large domestic market and easy access to markets of Asia Pacific.
An Ideal Location
Sankrail lies near the Hooghly River and is an important industrial area in Howrah district. Kandua Food Park is
- Ideally located at a motorable distance of 28 km from Kolkata on the newly widened 4 lane NH6.
- Nearest Port – Kolkata and also quite close to the port town of Haldia.
- Nearest Airport – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata.
- Park Area: 54 Acres.
- Logistically excellent.
- Located in Sankrail, an industrial hub.
- End of the supply chain for metro Kolkata.
- 15 m – 18m wide low maintenance concrete internal roads.
- Power supply and distribution system from dedicated sub station of WBSEDCL.
- One 250 lakh litre capacity overhead water tank.
- Diesel Generator with 200 KVA capacity.
- Street Lights
- Drainage and Sewerage.
Functional Units in the Park
24 units have been allotted plots in the park and amongst those, some of the units, which have started functioning are
- Pamper Ovenfresh
- Induss Food Products
- Dream Bake (P) Ltd. (Monginis)
- VGR Foodtech Agro Pvt. Ltd.
- Tringle Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
- Nezone Herbals Pvt. Ltd.
- New Era Dealcom Pvt. Ltd.
- Rainbow Agri Commodities Pvt. Ltd.
Expected Employment Opportunities
Kandua Food Park is expected to generate
- Direct Employment : 1500
- Indirect Employment : 2500
Application for Land Allotment
|Interested entrepreneur can apply to WBIDC for allotment of land in the Declaration of Intent format.|
|Declaration of Intent||View PDF|
Interested Investors may Contact
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (WBIDC)