23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani,(Camac Street)
(Camac Street), Ground Floor
Kolkata - 700017,
West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 33 2255 3700 - 705
Fax: +91 33 2255 3737
Kharagpur General Industrial Park at Kharagpur, West Medinipur
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC), the nodal agency of the State Government, responsible for promoting industrialization in the State, is setting up an Industrial Park over approximately 205.65 acres of land at Kharagpur in Paschim Medinipore district of West Bengal.
Locational Advantage of the Industrial Park
- The Industrial Park is spread over approx. 205.65 acres of land, the ownership of which rests with WBIDC.
- The Park is situated in the West part of Midnapore, West Bengal.
- The site is accessible through National Highway - 6.
- It is well connected to South Eastern Railways. The nearest Railway Station is Gokulpur.
- The land parcel is not contiguous and is being offered on ‘as - is - where - is ‘basis.
- The Park has been identified suitable for Steel & Allied Industries based on its proximity to existing units like Tata Metalliks and Orissa Metalliks both of whom have expressed keen interest on the land though it is non-contiguous. The park is therefore suitable for setting up of all categories of Industries (upto Red Category) as per PCB Norms.
- Nearest Airport is Andal Airport at Durgapur (Approx. 177 Km), followed by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport at Kolkata (Approx. 145 Km)
- Kharagpur is an industrial town and divisional head quarter for South Eastern Railways.
- It is about 120 km from Kolkata on NH 6 and well connected by roads and railways.
- The town has Diesel and EMU workshops which have created opportunities for a large number of medium and large scale units, which have, in turn, given rise to a considerable number of ancillary units. The strategic location of the town has also helped in the establishment of consumer goods, plastic, chemical and engineering industries like Tata Metaliks, Flender McNeil and others.
- Kharagpur has developed itself into a cosmopolitan township and is adjacent to Midnapore, the district headquarters. Being quite prominent towns in the district, the area is well serviced by police stations, post offices and branches of nearly all nationalized and private banks. The town also has a fair number of good quality regular as well as vocational schools. Kharagpur and Midnapore towns also offer proper residential facilities.
- The prestigious “Indian Institute of Technology” is also located in the town.
- The geo physical conditions of Kharagpur also make it a very viable option for the setting up of a park of this stature.
Map for Kharagpur General Industrial Park - Steel & Allied Industries
Basic Terms & Conditions for Land Allotment
- Land will be leased out to the prospective investors by WBIDC for a period of 99 years.
- The availability of land and present price of land including infrastructural cost is mentioned in the home page of WBIDC website (Link: Availability of Land/Module).
- The prospective investor is to make down payment of the land cost.
- The land cost does not include any infrastructure cost. However, if WBIDC may add additional cost if any infrastructural facility is developed within the Park.
- The offer letter will include rate schedule and terms and conditions.
- The company shall be entitled to create lien, charge, mortgage or encumbrance over the Constructions together-with the lease hold rights in the Land in favour of any financial institution or scheduled commercial bank, Non- Banking Financial Companies, Government Institutions, L.I.C, Security Trustees, Debenture Trustees as security for raising funds required for the purpose of setting up and development of the Project on the Land with due approval from the competent authority.
- For other details of terms and conditions, the interested investors may contact WBIDC.
- The interested investors are to submit Declaration of Intent (DOI) along with requisite documents to "The Managing Director, West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Limited, 23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani, Kolkata - 700017"
|Basic Terms & Conditions of Land Allotment||View PDF|
Application for Land Allotment
|Interested entrepreneur can apply to WBIDC for allotment of land in the Declaration of Intent format.|
|Declaration of Intent (DOI)||View PDF|
Interested Investors may Contact
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (WBIDC)