23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani,(Camac Street)
(Camac Street), Ground Floor
Kolkata - 700017,
West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 33 2255 3700 - 705
Fax: +91 33 2255 3737
Plasto Steel Park at Barjora, Bankura
The fully integrated industrial park, promoted by WBIDC has been set up for steel and plastic industries. The park (Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III) spans an area of 432.29 acres of land in Mouzas – Kadasole, J. L. No 22, Namobandh Sitarampur, J. L. No 25 and Ghutgoria, J. L. No 24 under Barjora PS in Bankura district.
The first commercial blast furnace in India was set up in 1875 at Bengal Iron Works in Burdwan district, and it heralded the commencement of steel industry in the State. The other advantages of Bengal are
- Excellent port facilities with comprehensive cargo handling facilities and competitive rates of freight.
- Proximity of raw materials.
- Availability of labour force skilled in operating iron and steel units.
- Easy availability of industrial water
- Good forward and backward linkages.
- Wide market for end products.
An Ideal Location
Barjora lies close to the Damodar river in Bankura district of West Bengal which is a major upcoming center for industries. It is flanked by Bardhaman in the North, Purulia in the West and Paschim Medinipur in the South. The park is
- Ideally located at a motorable distance of approximately 12 km from Durgapur Railway station and very close to NH2.
- Nearest Port – Kolkata and also very close to Haldia Port.
- Nearest Airport – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata and Kazi Najril Islam Airport, Andal.
- 1st Phase: 190.07 acres
- 2nd Phase: 193.65 acres
- 3rd Phase: 48.57 acres
- The park has 12 m wide metalled roads.
- DVC has set up an exclusive 220 MVA distribution power sub station.
- WBIDC has already provided the Street Lighting Facility to the entire Park.
- 5 MGD of piped water supply with automated SCADA System is made available for industrial units.
- The drainage facility has been developed along the road sides.
Plasto Steel Park Layout
Functional Units in Phase I
- M/s Anandabazar Patrika Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Pratyaha Newspaper Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s X Pro India Ltd.
- M/s Timespac Ltd.
- M/s Nilkamal Plastics Ltd.
- M/s Surya Alloy Industries Ltd.
- M/s Tulip Fabrics Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Steelex Electrocast Pvt Ltd
Functional Units in Phase II
- M/s HP Ispat Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Jain Spun Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s G&A Metals Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Lalwani Industries Ltd.
- M/s. Embee Ferro Alloy Pvt. Ltd.
- Jai Ambey Metals Pvt. Ltd.
- Royal Touch Fablon Pvt. Ltd.
- 1700 Direct Employees
- 3000 Indirect Employees
- 4500 Direct Employees
- 8800 Indirect Employees
Approximately 25 acres of undeveloped but compact land available at Phase III for allotment.
Allotment of Land
Interested Investors may Contact
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (WBIDC)