23, Abanindranath Tagore Sarani,(Camac Street)
(Camac Street), Ground Floor
Kolkata - 700017,
West Bengal, India
Phone: +91 33 2255 3700 - 705
Fax: +91 33 2255 3737
Sudha Ras Food Park at Sankrail, Howrah
Sudha Ras, the Food Park, encompassing an area of 49.98 acres is a composite facility for food processing industries set up and developed by WBIDC. Sudha Ras is an investors’ paradise with prominent enterprises in the areas of food processing, cold chain infrastructure and manufacturing of packaging material. Frito Lay, a division of PepsiCo India, has a unit in the park and is all set to become the company’s largest production facility in India after expansion.
According to FAIDA report of McKinsey, West Bengal is one of the three leading states in India in the food and agro-processing sector. Key advantages include:
- Vast agro raw material resources.
- Six agro-climate zones in the state.
- Abundant supply of water.
- Fertile alluvial soil.
- Low cost skilled labour.
- Large domestic market and easy access to markets of Asia Pacific.
An Ideal Location
Sankrail is an important industrial area in Howrah district, and the park is:
- Ideally located at a motorable distance of 28 km from Kolkata on the newly widened 4 lane NH6.
- Nearest Port – Kolkata and also quite close to the port town of Haldia.
- Nearest Airport – Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- Park Area: 49.98 Acres.
- Logistically excellent.
- Located in Sankrail, an industrial hub.
- End of the supply chain for metro Kolkata.
- Has 19 fully serviced plots which are fully allotted.
- 15 m - 18 m wide low maintenance concrete internal roads.
- Power supply and distribution system from dedicated sub station of WBSEDCL.
- Potable water supply system.
- Drainage and sewerage system.
Some Functional Units in the Park
- Pepsico India Holdings - anchor unit
- Concord Nonwoven Industries
- Saj Food Products (Bisk Farm)
- Prestige Ice Creams (Rollick)
- LMJ International Ltd.
- Sudha Ras is expected to generate
- Direct Employment : 2000
- Indirect Employment : 15000
Application for Land Allotment
|Interested entrepreneur can apply to WBIDC for allotment of land in the Declaration of Intent format.|
|Declaration of Intent||View PDF|
Interested Investors may Contact
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (WBIDC)